Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Book X: All is Fair in Love and War


The great gift of the bag of wind. How that could've helped me so much, if only my crew mates had kept their trust in me. We had seen Ithika from our ships, and the crew suspected that i had gold and silver hidden from them, and they opened the bag, and the winds blew us all the way back to Aeolia. Once returning we recieved no further help, and tried to row our back back, ending up on Laestrygonians where giants lived, and the only escaping ship happened to be mine. From there i sailed to the land where the goddess witch Circe lived. Where the crazy witch turned my crew into pigs. Help from the god hermes, in disguise, allowed me to escape the fate of also becoming a pig, which is a relief, as i do not enjoy filth. I was then chosen to become Circe's lover, and my crewmates and I lived with her for a year, until my crewmantes force me to leave and return on our journey homeward. We find out that we must sail to hades, and my crew is not pleased, and neither am i. But to return home, i guess im going to have to stick it out. My anticipation then still was growing as i felt the need to return home, but the want was there, but lacking. I knew my family was waiting. An absent father is not something i planned on being, or continually becoming. When coming into the world of marriage, one does not expect to be so absent, or have another lover. My mind began to race.

No comments: