Monday, March 10, 2008

Book XVII: Take Down


My son, myself, and my wife. All together on Ithika again. The suitors need to be taken down, and my son and I must do it to protect our home. My wife begs for news of my whereabouts from Telemakhos and from others on the island. She must not be informed, for if she gains knowledge then we all will have to suffer later, in case the suitors every gain knowledge of my arrival. When disguised as a beggar I receive embarrassment and harassment; however, I return the anger with another argument back, and I suffer harsh blows. I see Telemakhos grow to become more and more like me, he himself begins to desire battle, and strive for glory. Eumaues finally leaves, and me and Telemakhos are left with the suitors, and I cannot wait to battle them, and regain power of my island, and my home. I cannot continue to leave pieces left behind, and hope for others to pick them up. One who doesn't fend for themselves, rarely succeeds for they cannot protect themselves against others.

No comments: