Monday, March 3, 2008

Book XII: More tempting tales

The phakadeians still continue to pester me about my accounts at the sea, and about my past. So I continue to share with them my stories. And I tell them about burying Elpenors body, and releasing some of the guilt that I had with me. Also along with Elpenor, it was indeed my "last" night with Kirke's, and it was a strange sensation I felt: relief and pain. Later, as instructed I filled my mens' ears with beeswax; and I am tied up to the mast by my crew mates, this saves us from the land of Sirens, and saves my crew members from hearing the terrible shrieking noises. Then I begin to share my travels to the land that held a great monster Skylls and a crazy whirpool Kharbdis. As i recall these memories I realize how truely insane my life is. And of course my crew suffers a detour on Thrinacia, and we are kept there for a month due to weather conditions. My crew turns against me, and plots to ruin me. I am also picked on by Zues, and he sets a horrid storm about, and it causes me great difficulty. Yet another storm and my entire crew dies, leaving only me. I once again return to the island of Kirke, and i choose not to recall the memories there; on behalf of a husband, a captian, and a father. http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/realirtybites/tempted.htm

No comments: